The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine is a national society of medical professionals and scientists committed to helping Canadians understand and recover with dignity from substance use disorders. We are an inclusive organization that encourages informed, respectful dialogue and sharing around best practices for addiction treatment. We welcome everyone involved in addiction medicine.
Connect with Colleagues
- Network with other Canadian addiction medicine professionals
- Participate in committees and special interest groups, and contribute to the development of new policies and educational initiatives by CSAM-SMCA
- Have a listing in the CSAM-SMCA membership directory
Build Your Career
- Access job listings in addiction medicine in Canada
- Apply for a CSAM-SMCA Grant of up to $5,000 for a clinical, research or education project
- Have your innovative work or research profiled in our newsletter
- Apply for CSAM-SMCA certification (physicians only)
- Get discounts for CSAM-SMCA courses and annual conference
- Students can apply for a bursary to attend our annual conference
- Full access to the Canadian Journal of Addiction, Canada’s only scholarly journal devoted to addiction medicine
- Participate in the CSAM-SMCA Journal Club to discuss emerging research and best practices with other addiction medicine professionals
- Access a list of advanced Canadian addiction medicine training opportunities
- Receive our monthly newsletter and be first to learn about new CSAM-SMCA initiatives, projects and events
Voting membership is open to regulated Canadian health care professionals and PhD researchers involved in the field of addiction medicine. Eligible health care professionals must be registered and in good standing with a national or provincial self-regulatory or licensing body, such as the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the Ontario College of Pharmacists. Voting members receive notice of all meetings, and are entitled to vote.
The Early-Career fee applies to residents and fellows, as well as health care professionals and PhD researchers who have been in practice for three years or less.
Associate membership is open to any person engaged in the field of addiction medicine, including students, non-regulated health professionals, people with lived experience and others interested or involved in addiction medicine. Associate members receive notice of and can attend all meetings, but are not entitled to vote.
+ optional $20 for a subscription to the CJA