Thank You For Joining Us At ISAM-CSAM 2020
- We welcomed 844 attendees from around the world
- We live streamed 49 sessions in 3 tracks including keynote presentations, symposia and interactive sessions
- New research was shared in 108 on-demand Research Brief presentations
- We awarded 24 CSAM-SMCA student bursaries, the first annual Karen Mellor award, and 19 ISAM educational bursaries
- Attendees are still watching recorded presentations as the conference app remains open until January 3rd!
A quote from Conference Co-Chair, Dr. Jennifer Brasch“It was exciting to learn about addiction issues around the world,” offered Jennifer Brasch, conference co-chair. By joining with the International Society for Addiction Medicine we were able to offer presentations about research, treatments and treatment programs in different countries. Covid-19 has profoundly changed the delivery of addiction care, and this information was shared in numerous talks throughout the conference.”
Thank you to our Conference SponsorsOn behalf of the ISAM and CSAM-SMCA Board of Directors and conference planning committees, we would like to take this opportunity to again thank our sponsors for their participation and contribution to ISAM-CSAM 2020.
Platinum Sponsor: Indivior
Gold Sponsors: Knight Therapeutics and Canadian Addiction Treatment Centres
Bronze Sponsors: CanFASD, Carf Canada, Homewood Health, Last Door Recovery and Westminster HouseWe were pleased to offer two special educational sessions from our sponsors that you can watch here:
- “Opioid Use Disorder: The Global Challenge” described long-acting therapies, their role in therapy and interventions to retain vulnerable populations in care from an international perspective, with speakers from Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. This presentation was sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant from Indivior.
- “The OUD Continuum of Care” focused on a review of the research and practicalities of prescribing implantable buprenorphine. Dr. Michael Frost’s presentation featured several case studies. This presentation was sponsored by Knight Therapeutics.
The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine is a national society of medical professionals and scientists committed to helping Canadians understand, accept, and recover from substance use disorders.