The CSAM-SMCA Student Interest Group (SIG) is for Canadian medical students who want to advance their understanding of addiction medicine. The group builds on standard medical school training to help students learn about the etiology, assessment and treatment of people with Substance Use Disorders, and offers members the opportunity to connect with peers and mentors in the Canadian addiction medicine community. The group was created by and for Canadian medical students, and is free to join. Sample events include:
- A Day in the Life of an Addictions Doctor webinar series
- Fundamentals of Addiction course, offered annually
- Curated monthly newsletter
- Support and mentorship for research in addiction medicine for annual abstract competition
- Networking events with professionals and trainees in the Canadian addiction medicine community
Join the CSAM-SMCA Student Interest Group today to strengthen your understanding of this challenging, interesting and rewarding field of addiction medicine.