This group is committed to providing medical students and trainees with the knowledge and skills they need to understand and help Canadians with Substance Use Disorders.
The CSAM-SMCA’s Medical Student Special Interest Group is for Canadian medical students who want to advance their understanding of addiction medicine. Guided by Board Members Dr. Naved Ali, Dr. Brooke Noftle and Medical Student Marika Moska, the group builds on standard medical school training to help students learn about the etiology, assessment and treatment of people with Substance Use Disorders, and offers members the opportunity to connect with peers and mentors in the Canadian addiction medicine community.
Joining the Medical Student Special Interest Group is free for medical students. You can expect a series of events tailored to your interests, including:
- A Day in the Life of an Addictions Doctor webinar series
- Fundamentals of Addiction course, offered annually
- Curated monthly newsletter
- Support and mentorship for research in addiction medicine for annual abstract competition
- Networking events with professionals and trainees in the Canadian addiction medicine communit
The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine is a national society of medical professionals and scientists committed to helping Canadians understand, accept, and recover from substance use disorders.